Do you like sweet treats? How about some that you can drink from a glass? Well I do and I want you to have some Halloween themed drinks for this special holiday. I’ll share spooky and sweet treats that you can share with your family or just keep to yourself. From sweet drinks to spooky drinks. People will be slurping up these rotten drinks before you can say trick or treat. They will make you go back for seconds, thirds, and fourths. Their great for party’s, dances, or just a fun October night with friends. If you want three more recipes like this, then go to http://www.punchbowl.com/p/halloween-kids-drinks.
What you’ll need
- FOR 8 SERVINGS:
- 1/2 cup small tapioca pearls (found in the baking aisle of most grocery stores)
- Food coloring
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 8 gummy fish
- Seltzer water
- 8 gummy worm
- MAKE THE EGGS: Bring 6 cups of water to a boil and add the tapioca pearls. Reduce the heat slightly and boil the pearls, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes.
- COLOR THE EGGS: Divide the pearls, with the remaining water, between two bowls. Add 4 drops of food coloring (we used 3 drops of yellow and 1 drop of green in one bowl, and 4 drops of blue in the other) and 2 tablespoons of sugar to each bowl. Stir the mixtures, then allow them to sit uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes. Drain and rinse the pearls with cold water.
- ASSEMBLE THE DRINK: Spoon 2 tablespoons of pearls into each glass and drop in a gummy fish. Fill the glasses with seltzer water, then add a splash of lemonade. Place a gummy worm around a spoon.
Rotten apple cider
What you’ll need
- Apple cider (adjust the amount for the number of people you plan to serve; we suggest at least 1 gallon)
- Five 1/2-cup containers (we used Pyrex glass dishes; other small containers or cups will also work)
- Red and green food coloring
- 10 to 15 gummy worms
- Punch bowl
- Pour apple cider into all 5 small dishes, stopping about 1/2 inch from the top. Add 2 drops of red and 1 drop of green food coloring to each dish and stir until the colors have blended.
- Hang 2 or 3 gummy worms around the edge of each dish and place the dishes in the freezer. If you use more than 3 worms, the rotten apples won’t float as well. Freeze until the rotten apples are solid.
- Just before serving, slip the frozen wormy apples out of the dishes by setting them briefly in a few inches of warm water in your sink.
- Float the rotten apples in a large punch bowl filled with untinted cider. For added creepiness, drape the gummy worms over the edges of your serving bowl
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup milk or vanilla yogurt
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 4 ice cubes
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. This Halloween drink recipe is very rich and is a perfect dessert drink.
A large portion of people chose the pumpkin smoothie. This is probably because pumpkin is a very popular fall flavor. I also think it was because the other drinks sounded very unappetizing. I personally chose pumpkin smoothie because I thought it would taste like pumpkin pie. I hope you enjoy these recipes. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!